Presidential Race Maps Writing on the Wall

More Than A Quarter of Americans Still Question President's U.S. Birth

Posted Aug 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM by Maurice Berger

A new CNN/Opinion Research poll reports that 11% of Americans believe that President Obama was definitely not born in the United States; another 16% say that the president was probably not born in the country--a combined 27% of respondents who continue to question the president's birthplace.

Overwhelming Majority Of Americans Believe President Obama Was Born In The US

Posted Aug 05, 2009 at 1:15 AM by Maurice Berger

Despite the efforts of the so-called "birther" movement, which questions President Obama's American birth (a requisite for assuming the presidency), the vast majority of Americans believe he was born in the United States. According to a Daily Kos/Research 2000 survey, more than two-thirds of adults reject these "birther" conspiracy claims. Here's the overall result:

Do you believe that President Barack Obama was born in the USA or not:

Yes      77
No       11
Not sure 12

Here is the break down by political part affiliation and region:


               Yes   No   Not sure
Dem       93    4    3
Rep        42   28   30
Ind         83    8    9

N-East    93    4    3
South     47   23   30
Midwest 90    6    4
West      87    7    6